If your Astra, Insignia, Cascada, Meriva, Mokka or Zafira Tourer doesn’t have bluetooth but has got a Navigation radio, our OEM style bluetooth kit will not work.
However we have another option, if you want bluetooth but don’t want a screen or button stuck to your dash, we have made a kit for you.
It is basically a Parrot MKi9000 that we have modified to work with the steering controls of your Astra, Insignia, Cascada, Meriva, Mokka or Zafira Tourer.
This system works without a display and all menus are spoken aloud to you, so when you press the phone button on your steering controls, the system will mute the radio and say “Phonebook” and as you scroll with the steering controls, it will speak the other menu items.
The great thing about this kit is that it also allows you to listen to music from a USB memory stick or Auxiliary device, aswell as allowing you to use your iPod/iPhone via Bluetooth (or use your white “lightning” to USB lead that was supplied with your iPhone to plug it into the USB port)
We have made the kit a simple “plug and play” job, you just need to activate it (instructions are supplied).
Specification of our modified Parrot MKI9000:
In addition to conventional telephony functions – pick up, hang up, dual calls – the Parrot MKi9000 boasts cutting-edge telephony functions: automatic phonebook synchronisation, training-free multi-speaker voice recognition, speech synthesis of the names in the phonebook, contact management (up to 2 000 per phone). No need for a screen – the Parrot MKi9000 offers a voice menu for accessing its functions.
The Parrot MKi9000 is also gifted for music. Supplied with a specific cable, it is compatible with all music sources, such as iPods, iPhones, USB flash drives, Bluetooth stereo (A2DP) phones, MP3 players and any other analogue players.
Music is delivered through all the car’s speakers, giving the driver and passengers exceptional sound quality and the breathtaking effects (Virtual SuperBass…).
(Please note: the wireless remote is included for the initial activation of the MKI9000, however is not required day-to-day, therefor, once activated you can keep it in the glovebox or boot of your car)
The parrot Double Mic is the only thing that you would see after installation(this is usually mounted above the internal rear view mirror.
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
- Supported profiles:
- HFP (Hands Free Profile)
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
- OPP (Object Push Profile)
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Maximum range: 10 meters – 33 feet
- Pairing: PIN code “0000”
- Up to 10 paired devices
- Automatic connection (enabled or disabled)
Caller identification (if exists in phonebook)
- External double microphone, direction is adjustable
- Full Duplex
- DSP-3: Echo cancellation, advanced noise reduction
- Dispatch voice and music on car’s speakers*
- Multiple connectors: iPod (from fifth generation),
- USB and Line-In
- Play music from any Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP) compatibles devices
- Virtual Super Bass
- Digital Class-D 20W amplifier
- Dual Mode (Multipoint): simultaneous connection of two Bluetooth telephones
- Automatic phonebook synchronization
- User-independent voice recognition
- Text To Speech: vocal synthesis of the phonebook
- Number of contacts: up to 8,000 in total;
up to 2,000 per paired phone